This is a great dish to bring to a party. It serves a lot of people and has a nice presentation. Use different colored heirlooms or simple fresh red tomatoes.
- 2 pie crusts
- 1 head garlic - roasted
- 8-10 medium size tomatoes
- 1 bag shredded Italian 6 cheese blend
- olive oil
- coarse salt
- Roll out the pie crusts
- Place in a large jellyroll pan pinching ends together and using your fingers to press out and cover the entire pan
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Remove the roasted garlic from the skin mix with 1 T. of olive oil and spread onto crust.
- Sprinkle half of the cheese.
- Cut tomatoes in half and then slice into ¼ inch slices discarding the tops and bottom portions.
- Place tomatoes slices on the pan in a decorative manner.
- Spread the rest of the cheese on top.
- Drizzle a little more olive oil and sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake at 400 degrees for approx. 45 mins or until the crust turns light brown and the tomatoes are softened.