|Herbed Cheese Spread with Edible Flowers|| |
- 2 - 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- ½ cup chopped herbs ( I like a combination of chives, basil, thyme & oregano)
- ½ c. finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Edible flowers rinsed and air dried (ex: pansy, viola, lavender, dandelion, tuberous begonias, sweet woodruff, chive flowers, any flowering herbs)
- Allow the cream cheese to soften.
- Place in a food processor with lemon juice and herbs.
- Blend well.
- Spoon onto a piece of plastic wrap and roll into a log.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove and carefully roll in the chopped parsley to cover.
- Carefully place on serving dish and garnish with edible flowers.
- Serve with crackers or veggies.
Please note: This recipe is using edible flowers as a garnish. Thought they are considered non-toxic, be careful as some people may have allergic reactions to the flowers or other digestive problems.