|Stuffed Cabbage Soup|| |
- 1 large head of cabbage - cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 large onion diced
- 1 lg can of V8 or Vegetable juice (46 oz)
- 2 - 3 small cans beef broth
- 1 - 2 cups rice
- 1 lg can diced tomatoes
- salt & pepper
- Saute onion for a few minutes in oil
- Add ground beef
- Once beef in browned add cabbage, tomatoes, vegetable juice, broth and rice
- Add water to just cover the cabbage if needed.
- Season with salt and pepper
- Bring to a boil and then turn to low for 45 min - 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat to cool and serve.