- 1 c . butter - softened
- 1 1/2 c . confectioners sugar
- 1 t . vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 c flour
- 1 t . baking soda
- 1 t . cream of tartar
- 1/4 t . salt
- 1/4 cup lemon thyme leaves roughly chopped
- Cream together the butter and sugar
- Add the vanilla and egg and beat well.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar and egg and mix well.
- Stir in the thyme leaves
- Transfer to a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a log.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Slice log into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes.
You can use any sugar cookie recipe for this. Works well with lavender flowers too.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 148Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 141mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.