Lemon Thyme Cookies
Adds a little savory flavor to a sweet batter. Serve with coffee or tea.
- 1 c . butter - softened
- 1 1/2 c . confectioners sugar
- 1 t . vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 c flour
- 1 t . baking soda
- 1 t . cream of tartar
- 1/4 t . salt
- 1/4 cup lemon thyme leaves roughly chopped
- Cream together the butter and sugar
- Add the vanilla and egg and beat well.
- In a separate bowl mix the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the sugar and egg and mix well.
- Stir in the thyme leaves
- Transfer to a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a log.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Slice log into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 8 to 10 minutes.
You can use any sugar cookie recipe for this. Works well with lavender flowers too.
Serving: 1gCalories: 148kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 2gFat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 28mgSodium: 141mgSugar: 7g
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although attempts have been made to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!