Chocolate bark candy recipes are fun to create, and make the perfect thank you or small tasty gift for your family and friends.
If you're looking for a quick and tasty treat to make this holiday season, chocolate bark candy is a sure winner. You can make it with ease in a matter of a few hours, most of that time it's hardening in the refrigerator.
This post contains some affiliate links (that means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, there's no additional cost to you, but I will earn a very small commission. ) i.e. as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
I don't know anyone who doesn't like chocolate. Still, with the variety of chips on the market you can certainly steer clear of chocolate and still make this yummy treat.
Basically all you do is choose a your chip flavor, toppings and go to town.
Chocolate Bark Candy
This one is a milk chocolate, pretzel, pecan and caramel bark.
Here I made one with semi-sweet chips (dark chocolate would be good too) sliced almonds and dried cranberries.
You can bag them up in food safe cellophane bags or some fun holiday tins. Take them to the next party you go to as a hostess gift, give them out as favors at your own party, or add them to a present for everyone on your list.
- 12 oz chocolate chips, dark, semi sweet, milk etc..
- 2 cups toppings, nuts, dried fruit, pretzels
- 1/4 cup drizzle, caramel, more chocolate
- Melt chocolate chips in a glass measuring cup over a pot of simmering water.
- Spread the melted chocolate on a parchment or waxed paper covered cookie sheet. Start by dishing it down the middle and then spreading it outwards.
- Sprinkle on your nuts, dried fruit etc.
- Use another piece of parchment or waxed paper to place over top and press the topping gently.
- Drizzle caramel, or more chocolate on top.
- Place in the refrigerator for 2+ hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator remove parchement
- Break into small pieces. Place in cellophane bags or plastic containers.