This decadent dessert came to me while thinking of something to bring to my sister’s house for a Saturday night football game. She already had a bunch of great food prepared but I always like to bring something, and the game didn’t even start until 8pm. So, I asked her if she would like me to bring something sweet because by that time of night I am usually craving a little chocolate.
Salted Caramel Chocolate Pecan Pretzel Bars
So I looked through Pinterest and some of my favorite cookbooks. One trend I kept seeing was salted caramel, and I really loved the salted caramel chocolates that my husband bought me for Christmas so I thought maybe I should make something with this trendy topping So with two ingredients in mind, salted caramel and chocolate and not much time I thought about seven layer cookies. You know, the recipe that has been around forever. You can always find it in a local church or neighborhood cookbook. By now I know the recipe by heart.
To change it up I used pretzels for the bottom layer and drizzled salted caramel on top. They turned out great and it was so easy I will certainly make them again.
|Salted Caramel Chocolate Pecan Pretzel Bars|| |
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 2 T sugar
- 1 stick of butter (1/2 c) melted
- 1 12 oz bag of chocolate chips
- 1 12 oz bag of butterscotch chips
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- ½ c salted caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Coat a 9 x 13 inch glass pan with cooking spray
- Mix chopped pretzel pieces, butter and sugar together and press into the bottom of your pan
- Sprinkle chocolate and butterscotch chips over top
- Drizzle the sweetened condensed milk over entire pan until empty
- Sprinkle pecans evenly
- Drizzle caramel over the top for the final layer
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool and cut into bars
- Freezes well.