Some of you who have been with me since the beginning may know that I received a great Christmas gift from my husband last year. A Dwarf Meyer Lemon tree. I had it outside all summer and recently brought it indoors since the nighttime temperatures are consistently dipping below 50.
The good news is that I have 13 lemons which are finally starting to be ready to pick. Since I was heading out to an Octoberfest party tonight at my cousin's house, I thought I'd make something with my very own home grown Meyer lemons.
Here's what I came up with. A Meyer lemon crab salad appetizer served in phyllo cups that is super easy to make, delicious and healthy.
- 4 T fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 2 t grated Meyer lemon zest
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/4 t black pepper
- 1 t red pepper flakes
- 4 T olive oil
- 1 lb . lump crabmeat
- 1 large mango finely diced, 1 c
- 1/2 c finely diced red onion
- 4 T . cilantro finely chopped
- 3 packages of phyllo cups, 15 each
- Combine crabmeat, mango, onion and cilantro. In a separate bowl whisk together the lemon juice, zest, olive oil, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Pour over the crabmeat mixture. Spoon into phyllo cups and serve.
Regular lemons and lime are easy substitutions. This salad is also great on a bed of bibb lettuce for a light meal.