I try not to have too many goodies in the house so we won't be tempted. Usually there is fresh fruit which my family enjoys, but sometimes my sweet tooth is begging for something more. So one night I came up with this quick and easy no bake apple crisp recipe, which is pretty yummy and satisfying and you can make it in about 5 minutes, with items you already have on hand.
Apples, cinnamon, brown sugar, oats, salt and butter are all you need to make this dessert. I love the honey crisp apples that are in season now, but any apple will do in a pinch.
This recipe makes enough for a big bowl of crisp but can easily be split into two servings. It's much healthier than a lot of desserts, with lots of fiber from the apples and oats, and one that you can quickly throw together in a pinch.
- 1 large apple
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 tablespoons oats
- pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Chop up the apple into small pieces.
- In a separate bowl combine brown sugar, cinnamon, oats and salt.
- Pour the melted butter over the mixture and stir.
- Pour oats mixture on top of the chopped up apples and serve.