Make a fun and festive paper flower garland to use at all of your outdoor parties. Perfect for showers, grad parties or a summer garden party with friends.
While it's hard to pick just one, I'd have to say that peonies rank at the very top of my favorite flowers list.
Don't these paper flowers look a little like peonies?
Some of you may remember making flowers from facial tissue, or toilet paper when you were a kid. If so then you know how easy they are to make, and using brightly colored tissue paper, makes this old craft modern and new.
This post contains some affiliate links (that means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, there's no additional cost to you, but I will earn a very small commission.) Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
String, twine or wire
Making A Paper Flower Garland
- Cut your tissue paper in descending sizes.
- This particular flower was made from 4 sheets of the darkest pink in a 10 inch square, which resulted with a flower around 7 inches in diameter.
- Layer 3 sheets of a lighter pink paper slightly smaller in width than the dark pink on top.
- Followed by 3 sheets of white, and 2 sheets of yellow, each one a little smaller than the one beneath.
- You can change the order or the colors to suit your needs or preferences.
Next fold the layers like a fan.
Tie the layers together with a piece of string in the middle, on the back side, leaving enough extra material to tie the flower to the main garland string.
Use scissors to give the flower a rounded petal look by trimming the edges to a rounded point.
Start in the middle and carefully pull each piece of tissue paper toward the center, starting on one side. Continue with the other side.
Make as many in the same size, or different size flowers, to fill your garland. Just tie them on to one long piece of twine, ribbon or string at equal intervals.
Paper Flower Garland
I think this tissue paper flower garland would be perfect for a garden party.
They would also make a wonderful bridal or baby shower decoration. You could use the bride's colors or baby colors instead of the colors I've used here.
How about a graduation party or birthday party?
An easy, affordable, and festive decoration.