Present a stunning and tasty treat at your next party with this herbed cheese spread garnished with edible flowers.
When you are bringing a dish to a party or hosting one yourself, it's really nice to have something that looks as good as it tastes. This herbed cheese spread brings both to the table.
The cream cheese is mixed with fresh herbs and then rolled in more fresh herbs, giving it a beautiful green covering that's sure to stand out.
As in most of my recipes, you can change this one up to suit your preferences or those that you are serving. For example: I love cilantro but my husband does not, so I stick with flat leaf, Italian parsley instead of cilantro. A few chive blossoms and flowers straight from the garden add an extra special touch.
You can serve this with crackers, sliced baguette, or maybe even veggie slices if you want to have a low carb option.
If cooking with edible flowers interests you, check out an old post I wrote about entertaining with edible flowers. There's a lot of good information on how to safely use them and how to choose the best flowers.
- 2 - 8 oz. packages of cream cheese
- Juice of 1-2 lemons
- ½ cup chopped herbs, ( I like a combination of chives, basil, thyme & oregano)
- ½ c up finely chopped flat leaf parsley
- Edible flowers rinsed and dried (pansies, viola, etc)
- Allow the cream cheese to soften.
- Place in a food processor with lemon juice and herbs.
- Blend well.
- Spoon onto a piece of plastic wrap and roll into a log.
- Place in refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Remove and carefully roll in the chopped parsley to cover.
- Carefully place on serving dish and garnish with edible flowers.
- Serve with crackers or veggies.
Please note: This recipe is using edible flowers as a garnish. Though they are considered non-toxic, be careful as some people may have allergic reactions to the flowers or other digestive problems.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.