Today, I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes that I make for my family on a regular basis. It’s my meatloaf recipe that I originally found in one of those fundraising school cookbooks, where everyone shares their favorite recipes. Like most recipes, especially those that you make often, I’ve changed it to meet our specific taste preferences, and in some cases, just to make the process simple and easy.
Favorite Everyday Meatloaf Recipe
This recipe makes quite a large meatloaf which I like, because I think meatloaf is one of those items that is great leftover. And, you can easily double this recipe. Make it in two pans if you want or make two loaves side by side in one pan. You can substitute barbecue sauce for the ketchup and real horseradish for the horseradish sauce. Change up the veggies too if you like. Try zucchini and carrots or add a little diced garlic.
I like to serve this with mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans.
I hope that you enjoy this my favorite meatloaf recipe, and maybe someday soon, you will be calling your version of it, your favorite everyday meatloaf recipe.
- 1.5 pounds - Meatloaf mix, if your store does not have this try 1 lb ground beef and .5 lb ground pork
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1/2 large onion finely diced
- 1/2 large green pepper finely diced
- 1 c bread crumbs, we usually have Italian on hand but plain works well too
- 1 Tablespoon horseradish sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine meats and eggs first.
- Then add the rest of the ingredients and mix together just enough to combine.
- Form into an oval and set in a baking pan to cook for 1 hour.
- You can spread a little extra ketchup or BBQ sauce on top and broil for a few minutes if you want to give it a glaze.