This recipe for a pear, pomegranate, & walnut salad is easy to make and is paired with a tasty a pomegranate vinaigrette recipe that completes the dish.
I'm bringing a salad to a family dinner, so I thought I'd make a delicious seasonal fruit and nut salad.
The recipe for this pear, pomegranate, & walnut salad is an easy and one that can be adapted to your personal taste.
I've dressed it with a pomegranate vinaigrette and served it with Gorgonzola cheese on the side.
Pears are seasonal and the freshest in my area, this time of year.
And the pomegranates have recently returned for their short annual visit to the grocery store.
I love eating pomegranates.
Yes, they take time to pick each little gem, but they make a great snack that's healthy and low cal, rich vitamin C and the ever important antioxidants.
They are great for curbing your evening sweet tooth and add a bit of tang and crunch to the salad.
Since many of the flavors are sweet in this salad, I chose a spring mix and peppery arugula to balance the flavors. I also like pairing these flavors with the strong but creamy taste of Gorgonzola cheese.
However, many do not like any type of blue cheese, so just serve it on the side. I think feta and goat cheese would be great too.
P.S. Some of my other favorite salad recipes include this Middle Eastern Bread Salad and this fun Seven Layer Salad. You can find these and much more on my Recipes Page.
Pear, Pomegranate, & Walnut Salad with Pomegranate Vinaigrette
- 10 oz container spring mix greens
- 3 oz . Arugula
- 2 ripe pears
- seeds of 1 medium pomegranate approx. 1 cup
- 1 cup walnut pieces
- 1 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese optional
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Toast walnuts in a non-stick pan for about 3-4 minutes. Set aside
- Wash and dry greens
- Remove seeds from pomegranate
- Cut pears into very thin slices
- Place greens, walnuts, pomegranate seeds and pears in a large serving bowl and toss together.
- Make vinaigrette by combining all ingredients in a jar with a covered lid and shake well. Pour half over the salad and toss. Continue adding just enough to dress the salad as you desire.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although attempts have been made to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
I,m getting ready to make your Pear, Pomegranate and Walnut Salad. I'm looking forward to tasting it. Thank you.
It was a big hit at the party so I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Have a great week,