This recipe for breakfast egg muffins is made with fresh baby spinach and Parmesan cheese. A great quick and tasty meal for breakfast.
This recipe for egg muffins came from my desire to eat a little more healthy. As much as I like food, I’ve never been much of a breakfast person. Also, during the last few months, I’ve been trying to eat really healthy, and have been making eggs for breakfast.
Easy Breakfast Egg Muffins
However, there are days when I don’t have the time, or the inclination, to get out the frying pan and cook up my eggs. So I decided to try and make a batch of muffins that could be heated up in the microwave, and ready to eat in seconds.
It’s the easiest recipe ever. I used the entire eggs, but you could just go with white or egg beaters. Then I added spinach and a little Parmesan cheese for flavor. I even added a big pinch of red chili flakes for added taste.
Now, here’s the best part. You can change it up and add the flavors you like. Veggies like zucchini, broccoli and mushrooms would all work well. But, you would probably want to cook them first. How about peppers, onions or finely chopped tomatoes. Herbs would be excellent, and of course there’s the cheese. So many choices.
All you do is whisk up your eggs, and add your veggies or meats. I can see bacon or diced ham in these too. I like the idea of topping them with cheese but you could mix it in with the egg mixture.
Spray a muffin tin with vegetable spray and use a small measuring cup to fill them almost to the rim. Top with cheese and bake.
These will safely keep in the refrigerator for about a week. Just reheat the microwave on 50% power for about 15 seconds or until it reaches the temperature you like. Easy breakfast egg muffins are the answer to a quick and healthy breakfast.
Here’s the Recipe:
- 1 dozen large eggs
- 1 bag baby spinach, 5 oz, roughly chopped
- 1/4 c Parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 t red pepper flakes, optional
- salt and pepper
- Whisk eggs and spinach in a large bowl.
- Add pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Using a small measuring cup scoop some of the egg mixture into a muffin tin that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top with cheese and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool.
- Wrap egg muffins individually in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to one week.
- To reheat, remove plastic and place in microwave on 50% power for 15 seconds. Add more time if needed to warm up the muffin.
You May Also Like: