Fresh Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce
You won't believe how easy and delicious this one is.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
- 4 large summer tomatoes - chopped into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 large cloves garlic - crushed
- 1/2 medium sweet onion - diced
- 2 T . extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 c . chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 t . crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 lb . pasta
- grated Parmesan cheese to taste
Start your pasta first. The sauce only takes about 10-15 minutes.
Add the olive oil to a large saucepan. Add the onions and saute on medium heat for a couple of minutes until the onion starts to turn translucent.
Add the garlic and stir for about 30 seconds making sure the garlic does not burn.
Add the tomatoes and simmer for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the basil and the pepper flakes and cook on low for another minute or so.
Move your saucepan close to the pasta pot and transfer the pasta right into the saucepan.
Add additional pasta water as desired.
Stir and serve in the saucepan or transfer to a pasta bowl.
Serve with Parmesan on the side and allow your guests to add a much as they want.