These herb dinner rolls are a cinch to make, with fresh herbs, and pizza dough you can buy at the market, or your local pizza shop.
We used to go to my sister's in-law's house for Thanksgiving. Many people helped with that meal, but one of the things I remember best was the homemade rolls. They melted in your mouth. Unfortunately that tradition, as many do over the years, has come to an end. Now we serve Thanksgiving dinner at our house, to a small group, and this year I wanted to make herb dinner rolls.
I was going to try making them from scratch, but then I saw fresh pizza dough at Trader Joes. Each bag had enough dough to make a single 12 inch pizza, so I bought two. It was pretty easy to create rolls by rolling out the dough into a long log, and cutting it into pieces. Then I just folded under the corners and placed them in a buttered baking dish.
Herb Dinner Rolls
Fresh herbs, butter and garlic was poured over top. This made them nice and crispy on the bottom. Though you really don't need butter with these rolls, I did place it on the table in case anyone wanted to indulge. It was Thanksgiving after all.
In all honesty they were no where near as good as the homemade rolls from Thanksgiving past.
Still, they were pretty tasty, and every last one was gone by the end of the meal.
- 2 pizza dough balls for 12 inch pizzas
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh basil finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh chives finely chopped
- 1 stick butter melted (1/2 cup)
- 1 clove garlic-grated or finely chopped
- Butter a large baking pan
- Roll out each dough ball into a log about 2 inches wide
- Cut 1.5 - 2 inch pieces.
- Fold ends under and place into the pan with the rounded side up.
- combine butter, garlic and herbs
- pour herb butter evenly over the rolls
- bake in a 400 degree over for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes about 14 rolls
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.