Try this spicy seasoned pretzels recipe that's easy to make and will be gobbled up by everyone you serve them to.
While visiting with some friends I tried some delicious spicy pretzels that you can buy at the store but I thought they might also be easy to make.
This post contains some affiliate links (that means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, there’s no additional cost to you, but I will earn a very small commission. ) i.e. as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
This way you can control what seasoning is used and how much. I chose ranch dressing mix, added some Parmesan cheese, and my favorite Hungarian hot paprika.
Spicy Seasoned Pretzels Recipe
The spices and seasoning all get whisked together with olive oil in a small bowl.
Then the mixture is poured into a sealable plastic bag with the pretzels so you can toss and shake them until they are well coated.
You can probably stop there but I decided to bake them a bit to help the seasoning adhere better. I'm not totally sure that this step was needed.
All I know is that they tasted fantastic and I will definitely make them again. Maybe I'll switch up the spices and use some exotic flavor like Za'atar. Or something milder such as a cheddar powder without the hot paprika. The possibilities are great and that's what makes this recipe so fun.
Spicy Pretzels: Baked
- 1 bag pretzels (16 ounce)
- 1 envelope ranch seasoning
- 1 tablespoon hot paprika seasoning (or cayenne pepper)
- 1/2 cup olive oil (or canola oil or other vegetable oil)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- Whisk together ranch mix, hot paprika, olive oil and parmesan cheese into a bowl.
- Place the preztels in a gallon ziploc bag.
- Pour the seasoning mixture over the pretzels.
- Zip the bag closed and shake to distribute the seasoning oil as well as possible.
- Transfer to a baking sheet and spread out into a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes in a 220 degree oven.
- Remove the baking sheet and toss the pretzels.
- Return to the oven and continue to cook for 10 additional minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Place the pretzels in an airtight container.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although attempts have been made to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.