This easy seed crackers recipe is made with just 5 different types of seeds and water. The result is a delicious, healthy, and tasty cracker.
I've purchased similar crackers at Trader Joe's but I had no idea just how easy these are to make.
Making Seed Crackers
Basically, you combine seeds with water and spices and bake them into one giant cracker.
I used pumpkin, sunflower, white sesame, flax, and chia seeds. However, you could also use black sesame seeds, poppy seeds, hemp seeds, and other small seeds. Not only do they taste great but they contain healthy fats, fiber, protein, antioxidants, and lots of vitamins and minerals.
I also added a bit of salt and some turmeric because I keep hearing how turmeric is great for inflammation. Feel free to add a bit of other kinds of seasoning you love such as onion powder, black pepper, or dried herbs.
Add water and wait. They magically form a thick mixture because the chia seeds absorb the water and become gelatinous binding all the seeds together. Some people use another grain like almond flour or all-purpose flour but it's not needed.
Spread the mixture onto parchment paper on a cookie sheet and bake.
Remove it halfway through the cooking process and score the seeds for later. A pizza cutter works great but you can use a knife.
These are a little on the large size where I was able to get 16 crackers from one sheet. However, I think I could have easily scored it into 32 crackers. There's always next time.
And, let me tell you there will be a next time for this delicious seed crackers recipe. Eat them alone, dip them in hummus or serve them on a charcuterie board with your favorite cheese.
More Grain Recipes
Easy Seed Cracker Recipe
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds pepitas
- 1/2 cup white sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup flax seeds
- 1/4 cup chai seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- Combine the seeds, salt, and turmeric in a bowl.
- Add 1 cup of water and stir well.
- Let the seeds sit for 10 minutes
- Spread the seed mixture onto a piece of parchment paper that has been sprayed with cooking oil on top of a baking tray.
- Use a rolling pin or your hands to gently press the mixture out into a rectangle as thin as possible.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and score with a pizza cutter.
- Put the baking sheet back in the oven for 20 additional minutes.
- Remove and allow to cool before breaking the sheet into individual crackers.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although attempts have been made to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.