Here's an easy recipe for sheet pan chicken quesadillas that you can put together in no time. Perfect for a Sunday game day or any family dinner or gathering.
We are big fans of Mexican cuisine and often there are more than just a few of us getting together to watch the game or celebrate a birthday. This easy sheet pan quesadilla recipe is just the thing for serving several people. And you can easily place a few of them in the oven at the same time.
Making Sheet Pan Quesadillas
The recipe uses rotisserie chicken to save time, but you can also saute boneless, skinless chicken if you want. It is also obviously baked and not fried in a pan making this just a little healthier.
It's one of those recipes that you can really adapt to your preference. I used tomatoes, green peppers, onions, garlic, and several different spices for the filling. However, you can easily substitute and/or leave some of the ingredients out.
The key to making this in a sheet pan is layering your tortillas over the pan with the outside tortillas hanging off the edge.
Cheese goes down first. This will help the mixture stick to the tortillas, and well, you can never have too much cheese.
Next, you add your filling.
Followed by more cheese.
Add two additional tortillas to the middle.
Then fold over the edges and use toothpicks to hold them there. Once the sheet pan quesadilla is baked the tortillas will stay in place and you can remove the toothpicks.
Quesadilla Filling Options
- Change up the protein. Use ground beef, turkey or shrimp.
- Use different types of peppers, hot peppers like jalapenos for those who like it spicy would be great.
- Try different spices. Coriander, oregano, cinnamon, and ground poblanos are a few I use in chili that would work great here.
- Change up the cheese. Use just one cheese such as cheddar or make up your own mix of Mexican cheeses such as Manchego or Queso asadero, or Queso Oaxaca.
Topping Bar Ideas
If you want you can create a topping bar and let everyone add as much as they want to their quesadilla.
- Sour cream
- Pickled jalapeno pepper rings
- Chopped tomatoes
- Chopped onions
- Pico de Gallo
This is an easy way to make something delicious to serve your friends and family for a party or a nice any day of the week dinner.
And it's also a great make-ahead recipe. Prepare a few batches early then pop them in the oven later when it's time to eat.
Sheet Pan Chicken Quesadillas
- 10 pack of flour tortillas 8 inches
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 3/4 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper
- 3 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Sautee tomatoes, peppers, and onions until soft about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic, chicken, and spices. Cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Spread eight tortillas over a sheet pan with the edges hanging off the sides.
- Top with half of the cheese (1.5 cups)
- Add the chicken and vegetable mixture over top of the cheese.
- Spread the remaining cheese over top.
- Add two additional tortillas in the middle.
- Fold over the sides of the tortillas and hold them in place with toothpicks.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cut and serve with chopped cilantro, sour cream, salsa, and jalapeno pepper rings.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although attempts have been made to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.