This slow cooker Italian beef is a great go-to recipe for parties, game day eats and an easy dinner idea requiring only a few ingredients.
Slow cooker recipes are perfect for just about anyone and one of my favorite things to cook in them is a chuck roast. It's one of my husband's favorite cuts of beef. Chuck roast has quite a bit of marbling or fat, which makes it extra juicy and tender for slow cooking.
This post contains some affiliate links (that means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, there's no additional cost to you, but I will earn a very small commission. ) i.e. as an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Slow Cooker Italian Beef
Today I'm sharing a simple slow cooker Italian beef recipe that we like to eat on sub rolls. However, I think it would be great alone for dinner with potatoes and veggies. You could also just serve vegetables on the side for a great low carb meal.
It's so simple. All you need to do is top the roast with Italian spices and half a bottle of sliced pepper rings. You don't need to add any liquid but if some of the pepper juice makes its way in, it's no big deal.
These pepper rings are mild and add a nice tangy flavor but if you are not a fan of peppers you could leave them out. Conversely, if you are a pepper or even hot pepper lover you could add more or use the hot variety.
After about 4 hours on high in the slow cooker, your beef should be nice and tender.
Remove the beef from the slow cooker and shred it by using two forks to pull it apart. I find that chuck roast is one of the easiest cuts of beef to shred.
Place some of the beef on a crispy roll and add a little provolone cheese on top. Stick it under the broiler to melt. Then add more fresh peppers if you like to complete the sandwich.
These are great for parties or family get-togethers. The recipe makes at least 6 large subs and you could easily double that with regular hamburger buns.
The next time you see chuck roast on sale at the market pick one up and make some Italian beef.
Click Here to Save to Pinterest!
Slow Cooker Italian Beef
- 2 pounds chuck roast
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried rosemary
- 1/2 jar 16 oz. sliced pepper rings
- dash of salt and pepper
- provolone cheese slices
- 5- inch sub rolls
- Place the chuck roast in the slow cooker
- Add oregano, basil, onion powder, garlic powder, rosemary, salt, and pepper on top of the roast.
- Add half a jar of mild pepper rings on top of the spices.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or until the roast starts to pull apart.
- Remove beef and place in a large bowl.
- Use two forks to shred the beef.
- Portion onto rolls topped with provolone cheese.
- Set under the broiler to melt the cheese and top with fresh pepper rings if desired.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although attempts have been made to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Leave a Reply