See 13 IKEA Rast Hacks that take this cheap wood dresser and transform it into a beautiful designer dresser or nightstand makeovers and more.
How many of you have purchased an IKEA Rast? It’s a simple real wood dresser with three drawers for somewhere in the range of $60.
Over the years DIYs have been creatively transforming this inexpensive chest of drawers into designer looking furniture.
Today I’m sharing 13 Rast makeovers to inspire you to customize your own signature piece of furniture whether it be a beautiful dresser, nightstand or something altogether different.
IKEA Hack Ideas
Some of the makeovers include:
- Adding interesting legs
- Changing out the boring wood knob with interesting pulls and unique hardware
- Painting the dresser with chalk paint or interesting patterns
- Adding pretty transfer prints
- Adding wood tops or framing
- Removing large portions of the dresser to create a whole new piece of storage furniture.
Scroll through and see all of the ideas. Some are very simple and easy to tackle while others may require a bit more handiwork.
Either way, they all are inspiring and will definitely get you fired up to try this popular DIY project.
More Furniture Makeovers: