This shredded buffalo chicken sandwich is topped with a rich and creamy avocado ranch sauce for the perfect combo of cool and spicy.
Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwich
I remember my friend Amy making buffalo chicken wings in college with Franks Hot Sauce and butter. Now they make a wing sauce making this process even easier.
And, although I like a good buffalo wing, they can be pretty spicy so I made a nice cool and creamy sauce to accompany this spicy sandwich.
Cooking the chicken can be a dilemma. In fact, you may want to go the easy route and buy a rotisserie chicken which stays nice and moist because it's cooked slowly with the skin and bones intact.
Instead, I've opted to bake some boneless skinless breasts in some sauce and broth, but I will admit it doesn't taste as good as a roasted chicken.
Once cooked, you can shred the chicken using two forks or just your hands. Then you can give it another coating of wing sauce. Here you can add sauce just to cover, or extra saucy.
Avocado Ranch Sauce
This avocado ranch cream sauce is a great way to cool down your palate. It's rich and creamy flavor really works well with the spicy wing sauce.
You may like it so much that you start adding it to your turkey clubs and burgers. The only problem is that the shelf life is only a couple of days in the refrigerator before the avocado starts to turn. Maybe adding a little acid from lemon juice would help?
I used brioche buns from Trader Joe's for these sandwiches but I really think any kind of roll would work. In fact, I think this would be delicious in a low carb wrap.
Whether it's football season or a summer barbecue, this sandwich is one that anyone who loves a little spice would have no trouble eating one or maybe two.
More Sandwich Ideas:
Shredded Buffalo Chicken Sandwich with Avocado Ranch Sauce
Shredded Buffalo Chicken
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup Franks Wing Sauce for cooking
- 1/2 cup wing sauce for mixing in after shredding
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
Avocado Ranch Sauce
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- Cook the chicken in 1 cup of wing sauce and 1/2 cup of broth either in the oven or on the stove. about 30 mins.
- Allow the chicken to cool slightly and shred with two forks or your fingers.
- Toss shredded chicken with an additional 1/4 -1/2 cup of wing sauce to suit your liking.
- Make the Avocado Ranch sauce by mixing either in a blender or food processor the avocado, ranch mix, milk, and mayo.
- Combine until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the chicken between four sandwich rolls.
- Top with avocado ranch sauce and serve.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although attempts have been made to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.