This recipe for lemon chicken salad is rich, creamy and bright. Perfect on a bed of lettuce, or on your favorite roll.
When I was growing up we had a little market in our suburban neighborhood. They made the best potato and chicken salad. My husband's potato salad comes pretty close, but I have yet to find a similar chicken salad.
My version has lots of lemon and some fresh thyme too. However, one of the key ingredients is cream cheese, which makes it extra creamy and decadent. This is one thing I could remember from that yummy market chicken salad. I also used mayo, but sour cream could have worked just as well.
Serve it on a bed of lettuce or your favorite roll. Go to town with a croissant for an elegant brunch or lunch with the girls. This would also be great to serve at a baby or bridal shower hosted at your own home.
More Salad Recipes:
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cream cheese - softened
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook the chicken breasts by placing them in a large pot filled with cold water. Add salt, pepper and whatever other seasoning you may have on hand. Bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Once the chicken has cooled a bit. Hand shred and chop.
- Place cream cheese, mayo, lemon juice, zest, and spices in a food processor. Pulse until smooth.
- Add the chicken and pulse just a few times to incorporate into the sauce.
- Remove and serve on rolls or salad, or refrigerate. Make about 2 cups.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 483mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 20g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.