This is great recipe for entertaining. If you haven’t tried flank steak then you are missing out. The flavor is outstanding and it’s an affordable, healthy cut of beef. We’ve been making this blue cheese marinated flank steak recipe for a long time. Serve it with some nice new potatoes and some broccoli for a great everyday meal, or make several to throw on the grill for your family and friends.
Blue Cheese Marinated Flank Steak
The key to this one is marinating the steak. I like to do this early in the morning, or the night before.
Cut across the grain of the steak with a sharp knife about 1/4 inch deep. Then again in the other direction, making a diamond pattern. This will help the marinade sink down in and tenderize the meat.
Slather on a good creamy blue cheese salad dressing. You can also substitute ranch dressing if you don’t like blue cheese.
Carefully set the steak into a zipped plastic bag, and place it back in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook. We usually grill the flank steak but you can also broil it. Typically about 8 -10 minutes on each side.
Let sit for 5 minutes and slice thin, against the grain. This marinated flank steak tastes great served with parmesan oven fries and is one of the few cuts of beef that tastes pretty good the next day. Use it for a quick quesadilla or on top of a big salad.
- 1 pound flank steak
- 1 cup creamy blue cheese dressing.
- Score the steak across the grain.
- Score again to make a diamond pattern.
- Coat with dressing on both sides.
- Marinate in a plastic bag refrigerated for 12 to 24 hours
- Bring the steak to room temp.
- Remove from plastic and grill on medium-high heat for 8-10 minutes on each side.
- Remove from grill and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Slice thinly and serve.