If you need an easy go-to side dish you will love this recipe for Parmesan Oven Fries. My mother used to make them, and I think everyone in my family makes their own version now, on a frequent basis.
Easy Parmesan Oven Fries
All you need it potatoes, olive oil, Parmesan cheese and some spices. Usually I have those ingredients on hand, making this dish extra convenient.
Outside of cutting up the potatoes, the cook time is only 30 minutes, so you have a healthy, extra tasty side dish that everyone will love.
One of the keys is to make sure that the fries are in a single layer on your baking sheet. I use a nice jelly roll pan. The reason for this is so that they can really brown best, with the cheese and oil coating on the pan. Also make sure you spray or oil the pan well, because they do tend to stick. However, this is what gives them their yummy crispy golden brown texture. You could also use a Silpat mat to help with sticking.
You can make this with other kinds of potatoes too. Skip the Italian seasoning or substitute it for another favorite blend. You could also use a different type of oil or cheese. Have fun getting creative with this one.
No deep fryer, or salt required for these tasty fries.
Serve them plain or indulge with your favorite condiments, like ketchup or ranch dressing.
Here’s the Recipe:
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- Preheat oven to 425
- Wash and dry potatoes
- Cut potatoes into thick fries leaving the skin on.
- Toss in large bowl with oil, cheese and spices.
- Place evenly on an oiled baking tray.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from oven and flip fries.
- Bake for another 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden brown
You May Also Like: