This one pan baked chicken and veggies recipe comes from an old college friend, thirty years ago. I was living with two other girls in a first floor apartment, and three of our guy friends lived directly above us. One of the guys made dinner for us. It was one of those great comfort food dishes his mom made all the time. This is how I remember the dish.
One Pan Baked Chicken and Veggies
In my friend’s version, he used a glass baking pan. Back then the carrots and potatoes were the standard white potatoes and orange carrots.
I have a really nice deep sheet pan, sometimes referred to as a jelly roll pan. After seeing all the sheet pan recipes online, I decided to try this recipe on a sheet pan.
I think the key to cooking this way is trying to get your items to be similar in size so that they cook within the same time frame.
In my case, I purchased colored carrots which were thin and multi-colored small potatoes. If the veggies you purchase are quite large, simply cut them up into smaller chunks.
In fact, that is exactly the way I remember my friend’s yummy home cooked baked chicken recipe.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 chicken cut up into parts or picks of the chick
- 6-8 carrots, cleaned and sliced in half
- 6-8 small potatoes sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- Spray sheet pan with cooking spray
- Place chicken parts spread out on try skin side up
- Arrange carrots and potatoes around chicken.
- Season everything with salt and pepper
- Sprinkle bread crumbs over chicken and veggies
- Finish with bread crumbs over everything.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour or until chicken is browned and cooked through.
You May Also Like: