Bring this easy chocolate trifle to the party with a dessert that is so delicious and large enough to feed a crowd. Perfect for a holiday meal or anytime you want a tasty chocolate treat.
Who doesn't love chocolate? My family always enjoys a good chocolate dessert and this easy chocolate trifle was a big hit. I made it in a large glass bowl that I bought from Target years ago.
However, if you have a smaller bowl you can easily cut this recipe in half and adapt it to your needs.
Making Chocolate Pudding Trifle
It starts with a brownie mix. Make them in a large baking dish (9 x 13 inch.) After it cools crumble the brownies up to use as layers.
Another layer is instant chocolate pudding mix. Just add milk and whisk.
The last layering ingredient is whipped topping aka cool whip. Don't forget to let it thaw in the refrigerator first. However, you can set it in cold water or carefully defrost it in the microwave if you are short on time.
Of course, instead of using whipped topping, you can make your own whipped cream for a more indulgent dessert. This requires some extra work whipping the cream but that's up to you.
Layer brownie crumbles, then pudding, the whipped topping, and repeat. That's it!
You could work on making the sides look a little neater but I think it still looks pretty nice and it tastes even better.
Grab a chocolate bar and use a vegetable peeler to make pretty shavings on the top for decoration.
Fluffy layers of creamy pudding and whipped topping with the chewy texture of the brownies make a fantastic dessert recipe. It feeds a crowd but don't be surprised if there are no leftovers.
Easy Chocolate Trifle Recipe
- Brownie box mix
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 4 - 3.9 ounce chocolate instant pudding boxes
- 8 cups milk
- 2 - 8 ounce containers of whipped topping
- chocolate bar for shaving
- Bake brownies in a 9 x 13 inch pan according to the package directions. Allow cooling.
- Meanwhile, make the chocolate pudding in a large bowl.
- Thaw whipped topping.
- Crumble half of the brownies and place them on the bottom of a large trifle bowl.
- Follow with half of the pudding mixture.
- Next, spoon on one container of the whipped topping.
- Use a potato peeler to sprinkle chocolate shavings on top with the chocolate bar to garnish.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although attempts have been made to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.