Here's an easy recipe that your friends will love. Greek chicken bites with Tzatziki sauce. A low carb party appetizer that's full of flavor, with none of the guilt.
It's always so hard to watch what you eat when you go to a party. So when my brother and sister-in-law invited us over to watch the game, I brought this dish, Greek chicken bites with homemade Tzatziki sauce.
It's an easy Greek finger food recipe that tastes so good and you can feel good about eating it. It's also a great low carb party food option for those of us who have trouble abstaining from snacking.
Making a Greek Chicken Bites Appetizer with Tzatziki
The Tzatziki was made with Greek yogurt so it was very low in carbs and calories. Grating cucumber, shown above, gave the dip a nice fresh taste, without adding any extra calories.
I also used fresh lemon and parsley, because I had them on hand. Fresh dill would have been perfect, but I used dried because that's what I had.
The chicken was marinated all day in a plastic bag, then broiled. Super easy, and everyone loved it.
Now I'm thinking about all the different marinades I could make for the chicken and the corresponding sauces for this delicious new appetizer.
You might even consider it guilt-free.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (~ 2 large lemons)
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces Greek yogurt
- Juice and zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 cloves garlic grated
- 1 teaspoon dried dill or 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled & seeded, grated & drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Chop chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Combine all ingredients for marinade in a large zip bag or bowl.
- Add chicken and zip or cover. Leave for several hours or overnight.
- Drain the chicken from marinade.
- Broil for 7 - 10 minutes. Tossing at least once to get all sides browned.
- Make Tzatkiki sauce by combining all ingredients and stir well. Serve on the side of the chicken bites or refrigerate.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 80 Serving Size: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 43Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 52mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.