This recipe for low carb stuffed mushrooms with avocado & bacon packs a lot of flavor in one bite. Great party food as an appetizer or side dish.
Eating low carb doesn't have to mean low flavor. Here's a recipe that tastes great and has very little carbs. I've been trying to cut the carbs, like so many, for overall health, and to fight the battle of the bulge.
And when you are invited to someone's house for dinner or a party it's always nice to be able to bring something delicious to share that is also somewhat healthy.
Low Carb Stuffed Mushrooms
The idea of some kind of stuffed mushrooms came to me first. I had a couple of ripe avocados that needed to be used soon, so I made an avocado cream to stuff the mushrooms. They looked a little bland so I topped them with bacon crumbles. For this recipe, I used baby portobello mushrooms, however, white mushrooms would work just as well.
Did you know that white button mushrooms and portobello aka cremini mushrooms are basically the same?
How Many Carbs Are in these Stuffed Mushrooms?
It's pretty obvious that these ingredients do not contain hardly any carbs. However, according to the recipe calculator below, there are only 2 carbs per each mushroom and that's before you consider that there are 2 grams of fiber. So if you are looking for net carbs the total = 0 as they basically cancel each other out.
Everyone enjoyed these low carb stuffed mushrooms. The biggest problem is that they are so easily popped into your mouth so a plate of 24 goes pretty fast. Next time I'll need to double the batch.
More Healthy (lower carb) Finger Food Recipes:
- Greek Chicken Bites - Low Carb
- Baked Wings with Citrus Spice Rub That You Can Feel Good About
- Light and Fresh Shrimp Spring Rolls with Dipping Sauce
- Easy Elegant Sweet Potato and Black Bean Dip Rounds
Low Carb Mushrooms Stuffed with Avocado Cream
- 2 pkgs of baby portabella mushrooms approx. 2 doz
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 ripe avocados
- Juice of one lime
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1/2 pound bacon cooked and finely chopped or crumbled
- Clean mushrooms by removing stems and wiping away any dirt.
- Toss mushrooms in olive oil.
- Bake 350 degree oven cap side down for 30 minutes.
- Let cool and place on paper towels to drain.
- Place garlic and avocados in a food processor.
- Add lime juice and blend.
- Add cream and blend again.
- Place avocado cream mixture in a plastic baggie.
- Cut the corner and fill each mushroom cap.
- Top with some bacon crumbles.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although attempts have been made to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Leave a Reply