This quick and easy low carb corned beef hash recipe is made with leftover corn beef. And, it uses cauliflower rice in place of traditional potatoes for a tasty healthy dinner.
I've been making a low-carb hash dinner lately that consists of cauliflower rice, some type of meat such as sausage, ham, or ground beef, and either eggs or cheese. This idea was adapted from my sister's cheeseburger cauliflower casserole. She has tons of delicious low carb and keto recipes on her blog, My Life Cookbook.
So when I had leftover roast corned beef I thought this would be a good candidate for my cauliflower hash meal. Though traditionally corned beef hash is served in the morning for breakfast, I think it makes a great any day of the week dinner.
Making Low Carb Corned Beef Hash and Eggs
The process is really easy.
- Start with cooked corned beef and chop it up.
2. Thaw a couple of bags of cauliflower rice.
3. Saute a medium onion until it softens and then add the corned beef.
4. Next add in the cauliflower rice and stir until cooked through.
5. Lastly, add in beaten eggs. Once the eggs are in, the whole dish comes together in a minute or two.
Tips for Making Corned Beef Hash
- You can add whatever spices you like. Since the corned beef already has a great flavor from the pickling spices I only added a little salt and pepper.
- For those of you who love spicy food consider adding in a couple of jalapenos or simple red pepper flakes.
- Cheese is another option that I sometimes add or use instead of eggs. A nice mild grated mozzarella or Monterey Jack is good. However, you can use any cheese.
- If you want to try making this with potatoes I suggest you cook the potatoes first. Microwave them or use leftover baked potatoes. Then saute them with the onion until they are a little crispy before adding the beef, cauliflower, and eggs.
The bottom line, this corned beef hash recipe is an easy dish that takes less than a half hour to make. It's healthy, tasty, and a great use for leftover corned beef.
Low Carb Corned Beef Hash
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1 pound chopped cooked corned beef
- 2 bags frozen cauliflower rice 10 oz each
- 4 eggs beaten
- Thaw the cauliflower in the microwave, about 2 minutes on high.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-high heat.
- Add butter and onions.
- Let the onions cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped corned beef.
- Stir for a minute to get it warm.
- Add the cauliflower rice and stir well.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs stirring quickly until the eggs are cooked through about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.