These pumpkin pie spice cookies are a no-brainer with all the fall flavors you love in every chewy, crunchy bite. Perfect for dipping in your morning coffee.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookies
When you think of fall you probably think of pumpkins and pumpkin pie. I myself am not a huge fan of pumpkin pie, but everyone else in my family loves it. So when my sister invited us to her home for a family dinner, I challenged myself to make some pumpkin pie spice cookies to bring for dessert.
This recipe is similar to my twisted chocolate chip cookie recipe with slightly varying amounts and no chocolate. Of course, there is the main ingredient, pumpkin pie spice.
I used a pumpkin pie spice jar mix from the grocery store, but you can make your own blend by combining cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and allspice.
Typically cinnamon is the strongest flavor but you can play with them to get the combination that suits your taste. Also, there are many pumpkin spice blend recipes on the web that will give you an exact recipe to follow.
Tip: Some people have since told me that they would prefer more spice flavor so I suggested increasing the pumpkin pie spices to one tablespoon.
The result is a very thin cookie with a crunchy and chewy texture. I think that they would be great to dunk in your coffee or enjoy with a cold glass of milk.
The great thing about these pumpkin spice sugar cookies being so thin is that this recipe makes around 5-6 dozen cookies. That's a lot of cookies.
Do you know, not a single cookie was left at the end of the night. I hope you like them too.
Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup brown sugar firmly packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or more
- 1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Cream together butter and sugars in a large bowl with a hand mixer or stand mixer.
- Add vanilla and eggs, mix well.
- In a separate bowl combine the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add 1/2 of the flour mixture to the butter and mix well.
- Add the remaining flour mixture and mix well.
- Add oats and pecans.
- Drop spoonfuls of the cookie dough (or use a small cookie scoop) on cookie sheets and bake for approx. 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Makes 5-6 dozen.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although attempts have been made to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.