This roasted chicken is an easy go-to recipe that works well any time of year.
Unless you have some vegetarians in the crowd it seems like everyone likes roasted chicken, and you can make this one with parts instead of a whole chicken. It's less work and you can be sure to have enough of white meat and dark meat to please everyone. A couple of lemons, some fresh garlic, olive oil and your favorite potato is all it takes.
Lemon and Garlic Roasted Chicken with Potatoes
Combine fresh lemon juice and crushed garlic with extra virgin olive oil and toss the chicken and potatoes in the mix. Roast for about 1.5 hours. For an extra kick add a little fresh rosemary or oregano.
Serve with a nice green salad and you have a complete healthy and hearty meal your family will love.
- Chicken parts
- 2-3 lemons
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5-6 large cloves garlic - crushed
- 4 large potatoes peeled and cubed
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- In a large bowl mix olive oil, garlic, lemon juice.
- Add salt and pepper
- Add chicken and toss until well coated.
- Remove chicken from the oil mixture and place in a large baking pan.
- Toss the potatoes in the oil mixture.
- Remove potatoes and place in and around the chicken.
- Pour remaining oil overtop.
- Bake for 1.5 hours uncovered until the chicken and potatoes are nicely browned.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 588Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 48mgCarbohydrates: 71gFiber: 8gSugar: 5gProtein: 14g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.