Here's an easy and tasty bacon, lettuce, and tomato salad recipe with a creamy blue cheese dressing that you can enjoy all year round.
If you love the taste of a BLT sandwich then you will probably like this bacon, lettuce, and tomato salad recipe. There's no bread involved, however, you could easily make or add your own croutons.
I used a couple of heads of romaine lettuce, thick-cut bacon, and cherry tomatoes. For the dressing, I made a creamy Gorgonzola blue cheese.
How to Make a BLT Chopped Salad
Step 1: Cook the bacon slices until it's nice and crispy. I did this in the oven on parchment paper which made the clean up so much easier than using a skillet.
Step 2: Chop up the cooked bacon. I chopped it up pretty fine but you can use your discretion. You may like larger pieces in your salad.
Step 3: Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and chop up the romaine lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
You could use any kind of tomato here that you like just make sure to chop them up into bite-sized pieces. The same goes for the lettuce. I like romaine but you could use iceberg if you like.
Step 4: Next, make the dressing in a food processor. You can add a little milk to thin it out.
Step 5: To dress the salad combine half of the bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes in a serving bowl.
Step 6: Then add half of the dressing and toss.
Step 7: Finish by adding the remaining bacon, lettuce, tomatoes, and all of the remaining dressing holding back a tablespoon or so.
Toss together and then pull up some of the tomatoes to the top and dollop the last of the dressing around for a nice presentation.
I think this BLT salad recipe could be made all year long. It's great as a side dish to any dinner but could also be a meal in itself.
Bacon Lettuce Tomato Salad with Blue Cheese Dressing
- Parchment paper
- food processor
- 3 Heads of Romaine Lettuce
- 1 pound Thick Sliced Bacon
- 2 cups Cherry Tomatoes
Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- 4 ounces Gorgonzola Cheese Crumbles
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Chopped Parsley
- 1 tablespoon Milk
- Cook the bacon in a 350 degree oven for 25 minutes or until crispy.
- While the bacon is cooking make the dressing by combining the Gorgonzola crumbles, mayonnaise, sour cream, and lemon juice in a food processor.
- Add salt, black pepper, and parsley, and process.
- Add milk to thin the dressing to your desired consistency.
- Remove the bacon from the oven. Allow to cool and chop into small pieces.
- Chop romaine lettuce into small bite-sized pieces.
- Cut cherry tomatoes in half.
- Toss 1/2 of the romaine, tomatoes, and bacon together with half of the dressing.
- Add the remaining ingredients reserving a tablespoon or two of dressing and toss well.
- Pull out a few tomatoes to the top and dot on the last tablespoon of dressing for show.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although attempts have been made to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.