This blue cheese spread recipe is simple to make. The perfect appetizer or snack to serve with crackers and crudite.
I mentioned my father’s favorite restaurant a while back when I shared a baked halibut recipe that was inspired by the original “ala Louis” style.
One of the other great dishes I remember about Louis Tambellini’s restaurant is the delicious blue cheese spread served at the bar. This place was always busy but they did have a huge bar where you could wait for a table and order a drink, even if it was a Shirley Temple.
And, while you were waiting you could snack on their yummy blue cheese spread with crackers. Much nicer than a typical offering of nuts or pretzels.
So, I attempted to make a similar spread from memory. I used Gorgonzola cheese and cream cheese as the base.
I lightened it with a bit of sour cream and added some Worcestershire sauce for extra seasoning.
I served it with a couple of different kinds of crackers and some bagel chips. However, I know it would be great with celery sticks, carrots and other crudite too.
The result was a big hit. I brought this dish to my brother’s house for a small gathering of my siblings.
They all loved it and agreed that it reminded them of the very same dish that we had at dad’s favorite restaurant.
- 4 oz gorgonzola cheese at room temperature
- 8 oz cream cheese - softened
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 cup sour cream
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients.
- Blend well with a wooden spoon.
- Press into a ramekin or small bowl.
- Garnish will herbs or edible flowers
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready.
- Serve with crackers and cut up veggies.