Here’s a simple appetizer you can make that’s sure to please everyone. Roasted brussel sprouts with baby potatoes served with a creamy blue cheese dip.
Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Baby Potatoes & Blue Cheese Dip
I happen to really like roasted brussel sprouts, though not everyone does. So when I make them, I add potatoes. This recipe is a great side dish, but also nice for a party, served with a little homemade blue cheese dip. All you have to do is wash the potatoes and brussel sprouts. You may also want to slice off the bottom of each sprout if they seem a little tough. Toss them in olive oil and a coarse salt.
Spread them in a single layer on a jelly roll pan or cookie sheet, and bake in the oven at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes, or until they are slightly soft and golden brown.
Serve immediately as a side dish, or set out with toothpicks and a dipping sauce like this creamy homemade blue cheese dip.
Here’s the recipe:
- bag of brussel sprouts
- bag of baby potatoes
- 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
- 2 T coarse salt
- Blue Cheese Dip
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/2 c Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- 1/4 c mayonnaise
- 1 T fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 T Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 t black pepper
- Toss the brussel sprouts and potatoes in a large bowl with olive oil and salt. Spread out on a baking dish and bake at 400 degrees for about 40 minutes.
- Blue Cheese Dip --- Combine sour cream, Gorgonzola cheese, mayonnaise, worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and pepper in a food processor or blender.
You May Also Like: