This recipe for mini crab cakes with creamy lemon thyme dip is perfect for any party.
this post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure policy
Around here it seems like a really good crab cake at a restaurant is hard to find. However, my husband grew up near the Eastern shore, aka, crab country, and he has learned how to make really tasty crab cakes. Lump crab meat is essential, and it can be pretty pricey. Still, when you are going to a party, and that's all you are contributing, you may not mind shelling out a few extra bucks, to share this yummy treat with your family and friends.
I did just that recently at a party my brother and sister-in-law were having for my niece's birthday.
Using my husband's recipe that I tweaked just a little, I made mini crab cakes as an appetizer for the party. The recipe makes 18 crab cakes.
I love the flavor of lemon thyme. It's bright and savory and once you try it you will certainly look for other ways to add it to your cooking. This dip could also be used with veggies, fresh fish or grilled shrimp.
It looks like a lot of crab cakes but don't be surprised if they get eaten up in minutes.
Since they are pretty easy to make you can easily double the recipe.
Your guests will love you for it.
Here are the Recipes:
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon mayo
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 eggs beaten
- Place beaten eggs, mayo, baking powder, parsley, and Old Bay in a large bowl. Mix well
- Add bread crumbs and crabmeat and mix until just combined.
- Using a small spoon scoop out some of the mixture and make small patties with your hands, then place on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover and set in refrigerator for about 30 mins to 1 hour to set up.
- Broil crabcakes for 7 -10 minutes, or until the turn golden brown. Do not flip.
- Serve on a plate with lemon wedges and Lemon Thyme Dipping Sauce.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 79Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 494mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 9g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
- 1/4 cup Mayo
- 1/2 cup Sour Cream
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon thyme
- 1 lemon juiced and zested
- Combine all ingredients and refrigerate until ready to serve.