This super easy creamy chicken dinner recipe comes together in no time with just a few simple ingredients for a hearty and homey meal. Delicious comfort food that reminds you of Thanksgiving turkey with much less work.
Here's a throwback to a dish my mother used to make. We called it chicken with the soups. A true comfort food meal that is quick and easy to make.
Making a Baked Creamy Chicken Dinner
This recipe uses canned creamed soups. Cream of chicken and cream of mushroom. Add in some lemon juice or white wine if you have an open bottle and pour it over the chicken.
I'm using boneless, skinless chicken in this recipe but you can certainly use bone-in. That's how mom made it. I just find it harder to find in the grocery store.
Top the chicken with salt, pepper, and some Parmesan cheese and bake.
- I already mentioned bone-in chicken works well
- You can change the cream of soup variety to celery, brocolli, or other cream soup.
- Substitute romano or asiago cheese for the Parmesan or try breadcrumbs instead.
- Add in red pepper flakes or other favorite spices to the soup mix.
The result is flavorful chicken with tons of gravy for the chicken and a nice helping of mashed potatoes on the side. Maybe you're more a of rice person. I think this would work great with a side of rice too.
It's fast and easy and a great any-day-of-the-week dish. Yes, mashed potatoes take time to make but you could always pick up some of the microwavable ready-to-serve potatoes. Mom probably wouldn't approve but they are pretty good.
This easy creamy chicken dinner has a similar feel to Thanksgiving turkey dinner without all the work. We all loved it and it's no wonder why mom made it.
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken (2 breast, 4 thighs)
- 1 can of cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice or white wine
- 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper
- Spray a large baking pan with vegetable spray.
- Combine soup, lemon juice, or wine in a bowl.
- Layer the chicken parts in the baking pan.
- Pour soup mixture over top.
- Sprinkle Parmesan, salt, and pepper over top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake for 15 minutes to get the top a little golden brown.
Serve as is in the pan so that you can use the liquid as gravy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 661Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 220mgSodium: 1485mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 73g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.