This chicken broccoli and rice casserole is the ultimate comfort food. Great for a pot luck dinner or a family gathering all in one dish.
If you are looking for a good easy casserole or just an easy one-dish dinner idea, this cheesy rice casserole with chicken and broccoli may be just the ticket.
I made it with pre-cooked chicken, cooked rice and steamed broccoli. That makes it a great recipe for leftovers even though this one was not.
- I used cream of mushroom soup but any cream of soup would be great in this dish.
- Green beans, peas, cut up asparagus, are all great substitutions for the broccoli.
- Try shrimp or cooked ground beef for the protein.
- I used nice cheddar for the cheese but the choices here are many.
- Add in any spices that your family likes. I put a dash of cayenne pepper in this one but I think onion and/or garlic powder would also be tasty.
It all gets mixed up together and spread into a baking dish.
I really don’t think you can go wrong making it your own.
Some great comfort food that’s easy to throw together.
Of course, like many casseroles, it tastes great the next day. Maybe even better.
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups cooked chicken chopped
- 2 cups steamed broccoli chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- dash of cayenne (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients reserving 1/2 cup of cheese for topping.
- Spread in a 9 x 13 casserole dish that has been sprayed with vegetable oil.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 451Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 762mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 26g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.