Veggie flatbread pizza is a versatile and fun dish to make for just about any occasion. Great for lunch, dinner and works especially well for a party as an hors-d'oeuvre or appetizer.
Easy Veggie Flatbread Pizza
Recently I made two different veggie or meatless flatbreads.
This Lavash flatbread from Trader Joes was perfect, however most grocery stores sell some type of lavash or flatbread, and you can use any of them for this dish.
Both were made with a garlic infused olive oil as the base. This one was then topped with goat cheese.
Followed by fresh arugula, and a drizzle of fig balsamic vinegar. I love the creaminess of the cheese combined with the freshness and spicy flavor of the arugula. The fig balsamic vinegar tops it off with a sweet and tart finish.
Since my hubby is not a fan of arugula, and really not a big fan of goat cheese, I made him a mushroom and caramelized onion flatbread.
This time I used a delicious Italian Fontina cheese which has a great nutty mild and creamy flavor.
This flatbread is a good one to cut up into thin slices and serve as an appetizer since the ingredients are all nicely contained, as opposed to the arugula flatbread which would be a little messier to cut up.
Either way, if you like these ingredients you will love this easy and adaptable veggie flatbread pizza recipe for lunch, dinner or as a fun hors-d'oeuvre.
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 ounces goat cheese
- 2 cup arugula leaves
- 1 teaspoon fig balsamic vinegar
- 1 flatbread Lavash brand
- Grate garlic in oil and side aside.
- Wash arugula leaves and dry.
- Baste Lavash flatbread with garlic oil.
- Spread goat cheese in dots all around the bread.
- Place under the broiler for about 5 mins or until the cheese starts to bubble.
- Remove and top with arugula.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
- Cut and serve.
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 5 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 1/2 small sweet onion, sliced
- 2 ounces Fontina cheese, shredded
Grate garlic into 2 tablespoons olive oil. Set aside.
Saute sliced onions and mushrooms in remaining olive oil on medium heat for about 10 minutes or until the onions are golden brown.
Baste flatbread with garlic oil.
Spread mushrooms and onion mixture on top.
Sprinkle Fontina cheese on top of the mushroom and onion mixture.
Set under broiler for about 5 minutes until cheese bubbles and browns slightly.
Cut into small appetizer portions.
You May Also Like: