Enjoy this chocolate pretzel toffee bark recipe that's super easy to make and so decadent and delicious you'll want to make it again and again.
Pretzels, toffee, chocolate, pecans, and salt. What a fabulous combination. This was so good it was addicting.
How to Make Pretzel Toffee Bark
Line a jelly roll pan with parchment. You could also use aluminum foil.
Cover it with pretzels. I like these little square ones but you could use standard mini pretzels. I was also thinking about using mini pretzel sticks.
Next, melt butter and light brown sugar in a pan. Stir it until all the sugar melts.
Then let it bubble up and caramelize for a few minutes.
Pour it all over the pretzels and spread it all over with a high heat spatula.
It doesn't have to look perfect.
Next, place it in the oven for 5 minutes.
Then remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. I used milk chocolate but dark, semi-sweet, white chocolate, or any kind of chips you love would work just as well.
Place the pan back in the oven for one minute to help the chocolate melt.
Then remove the pan and spread the chocolate all over.
Sprinkle a little sea salt on top.
Finish with chopped pecans or any nuts you like.
Carefully remove the parchment onto the counter or a cutting board.
Then use a large knife to first score and then cut up the pretzel toffee bark slab. I actually set the knife on the score marks and pressed with both hands on top to cut through.
You could also just break it up randomly into different size pieces if you want to but I wanted to make the pieces more uniform.
Allow the lovely pieces of toffee to cool further on a cooling rack.
Store in an airtight container and place the toffee pieces in single layers with parchment or wax paper between each layer.
Seriously, this was so good. You have to try it.
Toffee Pretzel Bark Recipe
- heavy bottom saucepan
- jelly roll pan
- parchment paper or foil
- 8 oz small pretzels
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2.5 cups milk chocolate chips about 1.5 12 oz bags
- 1.5 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Line a 12 x 15 jelly roll pan with parchment paper or foil
- Place pretzels flat on the pan to cover in a single layer.
- Melt the butter and brown sugar in a saucepan stirring until melted.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for a few minutes.
- Pour the butter and sugar mixture over the pretzels and spread with a heat resistant spatula.
- Bake the pretzels in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan and sprinkle the chocolate chips all over.
- Put the pan back in the oven for 1 minute to allow the chocolate to melt.
- Spread the chocolate evenly over the entire pan.
- Sprinkle the salt and pecans on top.
- Allow the pan to cool.
- Remove the parchment and slab of pretzel toffee to a cutting surface.
- Score into bite size pieces.
- Use a large knife to press down and cut the toffee into pieces.
- Set the toffee pieces on a cooling rack.
- Once completely cool place the toffee in an airtight container in layers separated by parchment paper.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although attempts have been made to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.