|Pickled Beets & Eggs|| |
- 3 large beets washed - remove greens leaving 1-2 inches of the stem
- 1 c. cider vinegar
- 1 c sugar
- 1 c. water
- 1 t. clove powder
- 1 t. allspice
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 3 hard boiled eggs peeled
- Boil the beets in water until they are fork tender.
- Peel and slice the beets.
- Place beets and eggs in a 1 quart mason jar.
- Pour vinegar, sugar and water into a saucepan. Add spices and bring to a boil. Stir until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the liquid over the beets and eggs. Allow to cool slightly before moving to the refrigerator.
- The eggs will be ready to eat in a day or two. The beets can be left in the jar for up to two weeks.