I’m bringing roasted fall vegetables to Thanksgiving dinner. It’s an easy dish to make. In today’s markets there seem to be so many choices and beautifully colored options. Look at the pretty purple potatoes I found for this dish. I also found yellow carrots. Combined with pretty white parsnips, turnips and gorgeous butternut squash, this dish is a feast for the eyes. Ok, it does take a little effort to chop them all up but then you just season them and pop them in the oven. You have to try this one. It’s a stunning, healthy side dish that’s sure to be a hit.
|Roasted Root and Fall Vegetables|| |
- Root and other fall vegetables such as turnips, carrots, potatoes, parsnips, butternut squash, onions
- ½ c. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 T Coarse Salt
- 1 t. Black Pepper
- ½ t. Fresh Rosemary finely chopped (optional)
- 8 cloves of garlic -peeled
- Peeled and chop vegetables in 1 - 2 inches.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Spread on a baking dish and roast at 425 degrees for about an hour.
- Pour onto a deep serving dish and cover with foil to keep warm.