This is a simple any day of the week skillet pork chops recipe with brown butter and sage leaves. Ready to eat in no time, the addition of a savory herb like sage will really elevate the dish.
Pork chops are a nice change of pace when you are cooking daily at home. They are super quick to cook but, for my taste, they do need some seasoning outside of salt and pepper.
Garden salvia or culinary sage is not only beautiful, it's a great savory addition to meat dishes. You may be growing it in your garden but you can probably also find it in just about any supermarket that sells fresh herbs.
Just the addition of a little bit of sage makes a huge difference. If you've ever tried cooking with sage you will know this because it's very potent. Maybe too strong for some but I find it works really well with pork chops. Alternatively, you could use fresh thyme, marjoram, oregano or just parsley. Any of them would give your pork chops a nice lift.
On this evening these skillet pork chops with sage are served with wilted spinach and roasted beets. A great healthy low carb dinner for us, but you can serve them with whatever you'd like.
- 3 pork chops - bone-in
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste ( just a pinch)
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- A handful fresh sage leaves ~ 1/3 cup
- Salt and pepper both side of the pork chops
- Get the skillet very hot then add the olive oil
- Place the pork chops in the skillet and brown for about 2 minutes.
- Flip and brown the other side.
- Add butter to the pan.
- Add sage to the pan.
- Cook for 1-2 more minutes, basting with the sage butter.
- Remove pork chops to a serving platter.
- Pour the sage butter and dripping over top and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 3 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 476Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 152mgSodium: 246mgCarbohydrates: 0gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 40g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.