This slow cooker jerk chicken recipe is super easy to make. You’ll love the sweet and spicy flavor and the way the chicken falls off the bone.
Cooking chicken or any meat in the slow cooker is a great way to make a delicious meal with little effort. This particular recipe uses ingredients found in Jamaican Jerk cooking, with both fresh and dried components.
The marinade is a wet one. Often you will find a recipe that uses a dry rub. However, since I was using the slow cooker I wanted to combine some jarred Jerk seasoning with a few fresh ingredients. I especially love the combination of sweet fresh pineapple and the heat from jalapenos in this dish.
Here I used chicken parts with bones and skin. I think that adds a lot more flavor. However, I noticed many stores are offering only boneless and skinless chicken parts. So if that’s all you can get, go with it. You may find you’ll need less cooking time.
Yes, there is a lot of fat and liquid in the pot at the end of cooking. This is common when cooking meats in a slow cooker.
Just gently lift the chicken out an place it on a platter.
Finally, serve the slow cooker jerk chicken with some delicious rice and maybe a fresh green salad and you have an easy, delicious, and flavorful meal.
- 4 pounds of chicken breasts and thighs (including skin and bones)
- 2 Tablespoons of pickled jalapenos
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Jerk seasoning mix
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple chunks
- 1/2 small onion
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1/8 cup lime juice (about 2 juicy limes)
- Combine jalapenos, garlic, pineapple, onion, Jerk seasoning, olive oil, and lime juice in a food processor.
- Process until smooth.
- Place the chicken pieces in a slow cooker.
- Spoon the marinade from the food processor on top of the chicken.
- Cook on high heat for 4 hours.
- Remove chicken pieces and serve over rice.
You could cook this on low heat and then it would probably cook for 6-8 hours. In addition, you could use boneless, skinless chicken. That will decrease the cooking time.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 5 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 746Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 342mgSodium: 446mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 119g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.