This recipe for 3 bean party dip is great any time of year. Whether you are watching the superbowl, a girls night out. or even a family picnic.
3 Bean Party Dip
A great heath recipe this 3 bean party dip is perfect for a game day treat or can easily be served as a side dish. I originally tried this from a good friend who uses bottled salad dressing and some different spices to make this dip. However, I really like making my own dressings and decided to try and create something similar with fresh dressing and my favorite spices.
It’s super chunky and satisfying as far and a dip goes. The beans are full of fiber and protein so you don’t feel bad about eating a few or several. It’s tasty enough for that your family and friends want even think that it’s healthy. The best part is that it works well during the cold months during football season as well as a yummy appetizer at a summer picnic.
PS – The scoop style tortilla chips are perfect with this dip.
3 Bean Party Dip
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can pinto beans rinsed and drained
- 1 can chick peas rinsed and drained
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 c red onion finely diced
- 1/4 c fresh cilantro chopped Dressing can substitute flat leaf parsley or basil
- 1/4 c Mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 T . fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice and zest of one lime
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 t . hot pepper flakes optional
Make the dressing by chopping the garlic and cilantro in a food processor.
Add mayo, juices, pepper flakes and salt and pepper and combine.
Toss dressing with beans, onions, corn and cilantro in a large bowl.
Serve with scoop-style tortilla chips.
You May Also Like: