This yummy blue cheese puff pastry recipe is easy to create and makes the perfect appetizer for any party or get-together.
Puff pastry is so easy to work with and it makes delicious appetizers. I wanted to make a spiral with it to offer guests as a pre-dinner appetizer.
How to Make a Blue Cheese Puff Pastry Spiral
After you thaw out the puff pastry layer on your favorite ingredients. I wanted to use blue cheese and figs because I love that combination. However, I could not find fresh figs so I opted for fig jam.
The next layer was crumbled blue cheese and then I added some chopped pecans for more flavor and texture.
Next, roll up the pastry dough from one end.
Cut it half lengthwise. If necessary, lightly pinch the open edges closed.
Take one and gently pull and twist the pastry. Then place it in a spiral shape on a parchment lined baking sheet. (see above)
Continue with the second cut pastry dough and continue the spiral.
Then repeat the steps with a second piece of puff pastry continuing to add to the spiral pinching the ends together.
Then brush the top with some cream or an egg wash.
Now you are ready to bake the stuffed puff pastry in the oven.
Let it bake for 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Set this beautiful spiral out for your friends and allow them to have a bite by either pulling off or cutting a piece and enjoy.
Blue Cheese Puff Pastry Spiral with Fig Jam and Pecans
- 2 Puff Pastry Sheets thawed
- 4 tablespoons Fig Jam
- 1/2 cup Pecans chopped
- 2 ounces Blue Cheese crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Cream or half & half, or an egg wash
- Thaw puff pastry sheets in the refrigerator according to the package directions.
- Roll out one sheet of puff pastry on the counter.
- Brush on 2 tablespoons of fig jam.
- Sprinkle on half the blue cheese and pecans.
- Roll up the pastry.
- Cut down the center with a sharp knife.
- Pinch the cut side together slightly.
- Pull each one slightly and twist it.
- Begin making a spiral with one of the cut rolls and place it on a piece of parchment paper set on a baking sheet.
- Repeat with the second roll adding to the end of the spiral pinching the ends together.
- Repeat with the second sheet of puff pastry spreading out the remaining ingredients, rolling, cutting, and adding to the spiral.
- Brush the top with some cream or an egg wash.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although attempts have been made to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.