This Blueberry Muffin Cake recipe is great for breakfast or as a delicious snack any time of day. Makes a wonderful hostess gift too.
Have you ever tried making your favorite muffin recipe into a cake? I have this old blueberry muffin cake recipe that you bake in a loaf pan. It’s great for guests or for taking to someone because you can eat it for breakfast or as a snack.
One of the first things you need to do is flour your blueberries. This helps the berries a little from sticking together.
A dusting of sugar on the top gives this cake a nice finish.
Here on the side, you can see that the berries did sink a little to the bottom but there is still a nice amount throughout the cake.
I really like the ratio of berries to batter in this recipe. I’ve been using 2 cups and might consider adding more.
The more the yummier. And since blueberries are so good for you how can you go wrong.
- 1 1/2 cups sifted flour (extra for the pan and blueberries)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar (extra for the top of cake sprinkle)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Prepare a bread loaf pan by greasing the side and bottom and then dusted with flour.
- Rinse and dry blueberries. Toss in approx. 1 tablespoon of flour.
- In a separate bowl, sift flour, salt and baking powder together in one bowl.
- In large mixing bowl cream together butter and sugar. Add eggs and mix well.
- Add some of the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Then add some of the milk and mix well.
- Continue adding the flour followed by milk, mixing well in between until they are gone.
- Continue mixing the batter for 5 additional minutes.
- Fold in vanilla and berries.
- Pour into prepared pan and sprinkle with extra sugar
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from pan.
- Continue to cool on a wire rack.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 292Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 267mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 4g