This easy coffee cake muffins recipe comes with a delicious crumb cake topping that's perfect for breakfast or a sweet treat any time of day.
I love just about anything that comes with a crumb topping. Recently I made these delicious coffee cake muffins with a crumb or streusel topping and they were great for breakfast but they also make a nice snack.
Making Coffee Cake Muffins
Do you remember back in the day when you needed to sift dry ingredients? It's probably still a good idea however you can use a whisk to combine dry ingredients too.
In hindsight, you might want to add the ground cinnamon to the flour mixture. It wasn't really a problem but it is a dry ingredient.
Muffin Baking Tips
- Make sure everything, butter, eggs etc. are at room temperature when you start.
- Use an equal amount of vegetable oil and butter. The butter tastes better but the oil makes a fluffier muffin.
- When combining the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients be sure to use as few strokes as possible.
- Consider spraying the entire muffin tray with cooking spray. This way any wayward batter will be easy to remove later and the muffins will come out easily.
Generally filling muffin tins 3/4 of the way is a good rule of thumb. This recipe filled a standard 12 cup muffin pan.
Likewise, the crumble topping can be divided equally among all twelve cups.
They come out all moist and crispy. Just like a muffin should.
You can keep these coffee cake muffins in an air-tight container for a few days. That's assuming they last that long.
More Delicious Muffin Recipes
Coffee Cake Muffin Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Whisk together 2 cups of flour with baking powder and salt.
- In another large mixing bowl combine softened butter, vegetable oil, sugar, milk, egg, vanilla, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and just stir to combine.
- Divide the muffin batter evenly among 12 muffin cups.
- Make the topping by mixing brown sugar, flour, and cinnamon together in a medium bowl.
- Add melted butter to the brown sugar mixture until it all comes together in a nice crumble.
- Divide crumble topping equal among the 12 muffins.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 18 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the center of the middle muffin comes out clean.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although attempts have been made to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Leave a Reply