This easy cheesy pizza dip recipe is super quick to make and serves a crowd. Serve it in a bread bowl for a fun party look.
I remember making something similar to this in Home Ec class when I was in junior high. Today they would call that middle school and I don’t even know if they still teach home economics. That was definitely one of my favorite classes. It’s a shame that they don’t offer it today.
Well, maybe I dreamed it because I asked my sister and one of my friends about it, and neither of them remembered this easy party pizza dip recipe.
I decided to wing it and made this dish for a football party at my brother and sister-in-law’s house. It’s pretty cheesy, similar the Chicken Chili Dip I made a while back, but with more of an Italian flavor.
In my memory, this was served directly from the large skillet that it was made in, but I decided to serve it in a bread bowl.
I did cut up the bread from the middle and used it for dipping, but it wasn’t much, so I bought another pre-sliced loaf of Italian bread and cut them in half to place around the platter.
The scoop like tortilla chips would be a great alternative to bread bites or slices.
This was so easy to make, and it didn’t take a lot of time. The best part was just how much everyone loved it at the party.
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best.
- 1 large loaf of rustic Italian bread
- 1 loaf of Italian bread sliced into pieces for dipping
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 cups good quality marinara sauce
- 2 cups grated Italian cheese blend.
- Saute onions in a little bit of oil
- Add the ground beef and brown well.
- Pour off extra fat.
- Add marinara and mix well
- Add cheese and mix until well combined
- Transfer to bread bowl and serve with extra bread and slices around the bowl.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 248 Total Fat 11g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 35mg Sodium 490mg Carbohydrates 24g Fiber 2g Sugar 4g Protein 14g