This easy cheesy pizza dip recipe is super quick to make and serves a crowd. Serve it in a bread bowl for a fun party look.
I remember making something similar to this in Home Ec class when I was in junior high. Today they would call that middle school and I don’t even know if they still teach home economics. That was definitely one of my favorite classes. It’s a shame that they don’t offer it today.
Well, maybe I dreamed it because I asked my sister and one of my friends about it, and neither of them remembered this easy party pizza dip recipe.
I decided to wing it and made this dish for a football party at my brother and sister-in-law’s house. It’s pretty cheesy, similar the Chicken Chili Dip I made a while back, but with more of an Italian flavor.
In my memory, this was served directly from the large skillet that it was made in, but I decided to serve it in a bread bowl.
I did cut up the bread from the middle and used it for dipping, but it wasn’t much, so I bought another pre-sliced loaf of Italian bread and cut them in half to place around the platter.
The scoop like tortilla chips would be a great alternative to bread bites or slices.
This was so easy to make, and it didn’t take a lot of time. The best part was just how much everyone loved it at the party.
Sometimes the simplest recipes are the best.
- 1 large loaf of rustic Italian bread
- 1 loaf of Italian bread sliced into pieces for dipping
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 2 cups good quality marinara sauce
- 2 cups grated Italian cheese blend.
- Saute onions in a little bit of oil
- Add the ground beef and brown well.
- Pour off extra fat.
- Add marinara and mix well
- Add cheese and mix until well combined
- Transfer to bread bowl and serve with extra bread and slices around the bowl.
Amount Per Serving Calories 248 Total Fat 11g Saturated Fat 5g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 4g Cholesterol 35mg Sodium 490mg Carbohydrates 24g Fiber 2g Sugar 4g Protein 14g