This recipe for fruit salad with ginger lime mint dressing is great for any party. And, it can be used on seasonal fruit all year long.
Whenever we have large family parties, one thing that is sure to be on the menu is a large bowl of fruit salad. It goes with everything, and it’s something that even the picky eaters like.
It’s a little time consuming and messy to clean, cut, and create a fruit salad. However, it’s not a problem if you are not the host and offer to bring this tasty side dish to the party or pot luck dinner.
Recently my sister invited us to a party at her house celebrating her husband’s birthday. I offered to bring a fruit salad. Normally I would just cut up the fruit and serve it as is. After all, the fruit in summer time is so fresh and readily available everywhere.
Still, I wanted to try adding a little dressing, to spice it up for a change of pace. I came up with a combination of fresh ginger, lime, and mint.
Just a little more than 1/2 cup of this dressing gave the fruit salad an extra zing and flavor that tasted great.
I think this would work even better during the winter months with apples, pears and other fruit that may not be quite as juicy.
An added benefit: The acid in the lime juice helps keep the fruit from browning if you didn’t serve it right away.
P.S. A couple of other fresh fruit recipes you can find here are a yummy fresh Strawberry and Praline Trifle and a fresh Peach and Blueberry Cobbler. You can find them and many more on my Recipes Page.
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 6-8 cups fresh fruit, approximate
- Create the dressing by combining the ginger, mint, lime juice and zest in a bowl. Allow to sit and meld flavors together for 30 mins.
- In the meantime, make your fruit salad with various colors of different fresh seasonal fruit. Cut the fruit into nice bite sized pieces.
- Pour the dressing over the cut up fruit in a large bowl and toss together
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until you are ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 195 Total Fat: 1g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 6mg Carbohydrates: 49g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 33g Protein: 3g