This recipe for grilled corn avocado salad is perfect to take to your next gathering. Use as a great side dish or add some protein for a complete meal.
This grilled corn avocado salad recipe is a snap to throw together. It’s perfect during the summer when fresh corn on the cob is readily available, fresh from the farm. However, today’s supermarkets are carrying corn on the cob in the freezer section, making this dish an option all year long.
Like so many of my recipes, this salad can be adapted to suit your taste preferences. You could add a little protein such as grilled chicken, fish or keep it vegetarian with black beans to make a complete meal.
In this case, I am using it as a side dish. In fact, I recently brought this one to a party that my brother and sister-in-law were throwing. It was well received and I love being able to contribute something to the party, as any good guest would.
For this recipe, I included avocados and baby heirloom tomatoes. I really like the way the sweetness of the corn, combines with the creaminess of the avocados, and the bright acidic flavor of the tomatoes.
The key to the salad is grilling the corn so that it gets a nice smoky flavor.
For extra spice and color, I added diced fresh jalapeno peppers and red onion.
The dressing was a simple vinaigrette made from fresh lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic, and chopped cilantro.
Some many flavors and textures that combine well together, make this grilled corn avocado salad a feast for the eyes as well as the palate.
P.S. Other fresh garden salads you may like are this Summery Lemon and Fresh Dill Potato Salad, and this Fresh Fruit Salad with Ginger Lime and Mint Dressing. You can find them and more on my Recipes Page.
- 6-8 ears of corn
- 2 large avocados chopped in bite sized pieces
- 2-3 fresh jalapeno peppers finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups baby heirloom tomatoes sliced in 1/2
- 1/2 c red onion, finely dicedDressing
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 3 limes
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
- Husk and clean corn.
- Grill on medium to high heat for about 2-3 minutes on all sides
- Cut kernels from cob and place in a large bowl
- Add avocado, peppers, tomatoes and onion.
- Whisk together lime juice, olive oil, garlic and cilantro.
- Pour over corn mixture and serve.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 226 Total Fat 12g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 10g Cholesterol 0mg Sodium 27mg Carbohydrates 31g Fiber 7g Sugar 10g Protein 5g