This grilled corn and avocado salad recipe is a snap to throw together. It’s perfect during the summer when corn on the cob is readily available, fresh from the farm. However, today’s supermarkets are carrying corn on the cob in the freezer section, making this dish an option all year long. Oh yeah, today is a Sunday Supper Challenge. The star is summer corn and you can find a ton of some really amazing summer corn recipes at the end of this post.
Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad Recipe
Like so many of my recipes, this salad can be adapted to suit your taste preferences. You could add a little protein such as grilled chicken, fish or keep it vegetarian with black beans to make a complete meal.
In this case, I am using it as a side dish. In fact, I recently brought this one to a party that my brother and sister-in-law were throwing. It was well received and I love being able to contribute something to the party, as any good guest would.
For this recipe I included avocados and baby heirloom tomatoes. I really like the way the sweetness of the corn, combines with the creaminess of the avocados, and the bright acidic flavor of the tomatoes.
The key to salad is grilling the corn so that it gets a nice smoky flavor.
For added punch and color, I added diced fresh jalapeno peppers and red onion.
The dressing was a simple vinaigrette made from fresh lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, fresh garlic and chopped cilantro.
Some many flavors and textures that combine well together, make this grilled corn and avocado salad a feast for the eyes as well as the palate.
Here’s the recipe:
Grilled Corn and Avocado Salad Recipe
- 6-8 ears of corn
- 2 large avocados chopped in bite sized pieces
- 2-3 fresh jalapeno peppers finely diced
- 1 1/2 cups baby heirloom tomatoes sliced in 1/2
- 1/2 c red onion finely dicedDressing
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 3 limes
- 2 cloves of garlic crushed
- 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
Husk and clean corn.
Grill on medium to high heat for about 2-3 minutes on all sides
Cut kernels from cob and place in a large bowl
Add avocado, peppers, tomatoes and onion.
Whisk together lime juice, olive oil, garlic and cilantro.
Pour over corn mixture and serve.
- Bacon and Corn Chowder by Latin Meet Lagniappe
- Cajun Baked Shrimp and Corn Dip by The Weekend Gourmet
- Cheesy Corn Tomato Tartlets by Sunday Supper Movement
- Cheesy Grilled Corn Dip by Helpful Homemade
- Crab & Jalapeno Hush Puppies by Simply Healthy Family
- Grilled Corn Salsa by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Indian Cheese Corn Toast: Popular Vegetarian Recipe by Easy Cooking with Molly
- Roasted Corn and Tomato Bruschetta by Monica’s Table
- Blueberry Masa Harina Pancakes by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Corn Ravioli Caprese Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Griled Corn and Avocado Salad by Garden Matter
- Grilled Tri Tip and Roasted Corn Salad by The Freshman Cook
- Healthy Corn, Edamame & Avocado Salad by Food Done Light
- Summer Vegetable Salad by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Black Bean Corn Casserole by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Cornbread Waffles with Pulled Pork by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fresh Corn Fettuccine by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Fresh Corn Polenta with Summer Vegetables by Caroline’s Cooking
- Pasta with Creamy Corn Sauce and Summer Vegetables by Delaware Girl Eats
- Polenta Stuffed Peppers by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Shrimp Corn Chowder by Feeding Big and More
- A-maize-ing Maple Cornbread by Family Around The Table
- Blueberry and Corn Skillet Bread by Wholistic Woman
- Corn Pudding by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Corn Pudding with Jalapenos and Chiles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Easy Addictive Corn by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Galey iyo Qumbo (Somali Corn in Coconut Sauce) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Honey Cornbread Muffins by Life Tastes Good
- Mealie Bread (South African Sweetcorn Bread) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Jalapeno Popper Cornbread Muffins by The Crumby Cupcake
- Peruvian Grilled Street Corn by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Skillet Corn with Bacon by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Skillet Fried Corn by New South Charm
- Skillet Jalapeno Cornbread by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Blackberry Cornbread Buckle by Pies and Plots
- Brazilian Corn Cookies by What Smells So Good?
- Easy Cornmeal Budino with Blueberry Marmellata by Cooking With Carlee
- Mais Con Hielo-Corn on Ice by Asian In America
- Margarita Popcorn by The Redhead Baker
- Sweet Corn Ice Cream by Baking Sense
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.